Setting up your operation on a solid foundation in a new office, whether locally based or integrating staff brought over to Amsterdam.
Once we’ve established the groundwork of your enterprise, we can connect you with the relevant partners and help your team settle in as seamlessly and smoothly as possible.
As your local partner, we provide any assistance necessary to help you get well-established here in the Netherlands. Our flexible approach means that as you grow, our package is continuously tailored to your needs. To this end, we can:
- Facilitate the opening of bank accounts
- Assist with all matter pertaining to the recruitment and departure of staff
- Ensure the frictionless relocation of employees and their families
- Provide assistance with setting up the Company’s infrastructure, including full payroll administration services and HR administration
This brief list is by no means exhaustive. From our experience, no two clients share the exact same needs. Therefore, to provide the assurance that you desire, we welcome the opportunity to discuss any questions you may have.
Taking care of the jargon and pitfalls of Dutch corporate legislation to ensure your business remains permanently compliant.
Provision of the economic nexus, governance and regulatory oversight needed to protect the benefits obtained from access to the large bilateral treaty network.
The Netherlands, in concert with the EU and OECD, has implemented legislation containing certain features that must be met by intermediary Dutch entities. This published list of requirements can be successfully achieved using the constructions that U&A has pioneered over the last 30 years to meet the evolving demands of legislation.
This includes but is not limited to;
- At least half of the total number of the statutory directors and the directors competent to make decisions are resident of the Netherlands.
- Selective and customized services for corporations.
- Close inter-relations with key departments and department heads within the organization.
- Local administration of the main bank accounts of the entity.
- Full compliance and transaction monitoring services as approved by the Dutch regulators used for all client and SPVs.
- Leased office premises staffed by full and/or part-time employees. Dedicated telephone and communication facilities with reception.
Over the years, we have established strong relationships with Dutch and international banks, as well as a variety of professional service firms, both here in the Netherlands and further afield. This ensures that we remain abreast of current good business practice.
Preparation, presentation and maintenance of all aspects of the Company’s interim and annual accounting. Statements can be provided either on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Netherlands, Luxembourg, US or Canadian GAAP and IFRS standards can be integrated for reporting purposes.
Other related services offered are:
- Preparation of budgets, cash flow forecasts, consolidated accounts.
- Payroll administration and wage tax returns.
- VAT application completion and declarations.
- Clearing and settling of invoices and accounts payable and receivable.
- Organising and hosting with the Company’s auditors for the annual audit and related information and assistance.
- Approving and filing of the annual accounts, as required by law, to the Chamber of Commerce in a timely manner.
Assistance, advice and action on all legal issues usually in concert with the Company’s in-house legal, Dutch or Luxembourg legal advisors and any other legal/compliance officers who may be situated either in Luxembourg, the Netherlands or any other jurisdiction.
Functions performed include:
- Preparation, drafting, management and circulation of contracts, agreements and any other legal documents.
- Preparation and assistance of the transfer of shares and/or issuance of shares.
- Implementing and coordinating restructures of the Company and/or its holdings. Coordination documents relating to mergers, takeovers or divestments.
- Management and updating of the Articles of Association and other documents relating to the corporate governance of the Company.
Maintenance of the Company’s books and records including all filings with regulators, Chamber of Commerce, Dutch Central Bank and others. Drafting of corporate documents such as minutes, resolutions, proxies and maintaining the Shareholder’s Register. Parent and subsidiary reporting and relations are well documented and updated regularly as required.
The holding and recording of Management Board meetings, resolutions and decisions are a very important function of our offices and great emphasis is placed on the timeliness, frequency and diligent reporting of these issues. Shareholder meetings, resolutions and the like are equally important and regular events prepared and maintained by our offices. We further maintain and amend the Shareholder’s register as required.
Working with our trusted local notaries to expedite your incorporation process, also ensuring all necessary registrations and filings.
Should it be decided to liquidate a Dutch or Luxembourg entity, we will take care of the process from start to finish, providing a package including:
- Legal filings and publications
- Provision of liquidation accounts
- Management of outstanding liabilities
- Swift release of funds to shareholders
Whether incorporating or liquidating an entity, our foremost aim is the safeguarding of your assets.